Welcome to the South Australian Unitarian Druze Community
In 1955 the Druze Community of South Australia purchased its first property, a house in Barton Terrace North Adelaide, for the purpose of uniting the local Druze community. This was sold in 1962 with the aim of purchasing a new property to cater for the growing demands of an increasing community who were migrating from Lebanon.
Arif Rasheed and Toufic Najar discovered land at Janet Avenue Glynde and took it upon themselves to raise donations, subscriptions and found approximately twenty families who guaranteed a loan and subsequently in 1963 the first Druze Hall in the world outside of Lebanon was built.
Our Community Hall
NEW YEARS EVE 2020
New Years 2020